Health and Safety
At HOCHTIEF we believe that all accidents and incidents can be prevented.
Our processes are well developed and define the minimum standards expected at all of our work locations, these processes have been audited by external verifying bodies to ensure that they meet the requirements of ISO standards.
To manage and sustain high performance at HOCHTIEF we recognise that we need competent people working in a mature safety culture, to achieve this we ensure that our employees have a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities and assure competence in their roles.
The HOCHTIEF Senior Management team is committed to the continuous development of our health & safety culture by:
- Encouraging open and honest reporting of unsafe acts & conditions to promote a collective understanding of learning outcomes within a Just Culture,
- Encouraging open communication at all levels in our organisation.
- Engaging with staff and stakeholders to obtain a realistic view of operations ‘on the ground’,
- Investment of the necessary resources in health & safety resources,
- Establishing and continual development of a reporting culture supported by thorough internal audit process.
Our Integrated Management System is certified to OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004,BS11000:2011 as well as RISQS and Network Rail’s Principal Contractors License.